Monday 2 December 2019

Newcastle on Film - K-Mart Branded Focal 100 35mm Film


I have written about this film before.  To refresh your memories, Focal was the house re-brand name for all things photography for Kmart.  No, they didn't make things themselves but they took other branded products to sell and re-branded them under a Kmart name.  They had cameras, lenses, camera accessories and, film.   For example, the Focal 1000 TLX 35mm film camera was a re-branded Ricoh Singlex TLS 35mm camera.

Because the Focal products were re-branded for Kmart, I am not sure what original brand their Focal 100 film must have been.  It was produced by 3M Ferrania in Italy and production ceased in the early 1990s.  It has kept very well in the freezer as you can see.  I shot this film at box speed, even though I suspect it's expiry date was 2006-ish.

My Canon EOS 300V was the camera I used to shoot this roll.  I can't find an exact release date but did find some forums in 2003 that were discussing the new release of this camera.  So, it appears that this film camera was made after the release of the Canon D30, a 3.1 Megapixel camera which (according to Wikipedia) was Canon's first 'home grown digital SLR'.

Now, I do have a digital camera; a Canon 600D (also known as the Canon Rebel T3i - I think!).  The 35mm Canon 300V is very similar in the way it operates except; it uses film.  I have some EF lenses that I can use with my 600D but, the best thing in my opinion, is that I can also use them on the 300V.  
These photos were taken, using my Canon EF 50mm f1.8 and Canon EF 85mm f1.8.  I think it's great that I can interchange these lenses with the older film camera!

Also, I can use my Canon 430 EX II flash with the film camera as well as my set of Cokin Filters!

Ok, so my next project is already loaded into a Minolta X-700; a roll of AGFA Photo APX 100 Pro.  A black and white film, I have already tried and it turned out wonderfully!  Watch this space!

These photos are Copyright ©Life with Jordy Photography.
All Rights Reserved.



Port Wine Magnolia from our garden.  Such a beautiful fragrance when in flower!
Taken with the Canon EF 85mm f1.8 lens.

Flowers from our back garden.  Taken with the Canon EF 85mm f1.8 lens with the aperture wide open!

James Fletcher Park - Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Looking over to the Obelisk - Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Great spot for lunch or a quiet coffee!  James Fletcher Park - Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Birds eye view - James Fletcher Park, Newcastle, Australia.

Welcome to Newcastle, Australia!  A coal ship almost dwarves the buildings as
it enters Newcastle Harbour.  From this perspective, the ship is a decent size but, when
walking down on the footpath below, the ship is the same size as most of the
buildings along the foreshore!

I don't know where this cat comes from but I took photos of it a couple of months ago as well.
It must live locally; it appears to be well looked after!
Newcastle, Australia

Taken at the start of spring, Garfield Gardens all prepared and planting completed for a
burst of colour!   Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Lovely colours of the Sunrise.  Beach at Newcastle, Australia.

Beautiful warm colour early in the morning!  Beach at Newcastle, Australia.

Who has never played the clowns at a fair or market day?  Market Day at
Maitland, NSW, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...