Thursday 27 February 2020

Quick trip to Brisbane.


Hit Brissy up last weekend.  My Niece was getting married and it was a family get together that I did not want to miss out on!  She looked beautiful and it was such a lovely wedding.  Food was great.

I still get a little homesick when I visit Brisbane (although I am from Beaudesert - down the Mt Lindesay Hwy) and see the family.  There is something about Brisbane; the Queenslander houses, Ponciana trees in blossom, sub tropical plants that grow just about anywhere; I get all sentimental!

I did have a Minolta X-700 35mm film camera in my bag with an AGFA B&W film but decided to replace it with my new Canon 90D and give it a go.  It's a larger camera than the 600D but still a comfortable fit in my hand, I just have to get my head around some new dials and slightly different menu set out.  The LCD display on top is a good indicator of settings rather than using the rear LCD display which I have to play with when using live view for tripod mounted shots.

The lens I used for these shots is a Tamron 10-24mm.

The Brisbane River was a dirty brown colour.  After recent large scale bushfires burning across virtually the majority of Australia, a lot of land was bare and many trees had fallen.  The heat wave and dry spell that brought on these fires was broken  by a series of storms and heavy rains that fell across the eastern coast of Australia.  Before we knew it, the bushfires had been doused and replaced by floods! All of the bare topsoil and fire debris is now being washed down river systems.

All photos are Copyright ©Life with Jordy Photography
All Rights Reserved

Taken from the Terrace Bar of the Emporium Hotel in Brisbane.  2 photos stitched to make the Pano.
Edited in Nik Collection Color Efex Pro and Lightroom

Beautiful Fig Trees along the Clem Jones Promendade on South Bank.  A lovely place for a walk.
Not far from the walkway on the left and through the park, are a lot of cafes and eateries with
some amazing food, coffee and, of course, licensed premises for a tipple or two!

On this particular day, the gardeners were trimming the Bougainvillea growing on the massive
trellis that lines 'The Arbour' walk on South Bank.  The whole area is just a paradise!

One place I always like to get to when in Brisbane is the lookout at Mount Coot-Tha.  It overlooks
the majority of Brisbane.  It hasn't changed much from what I remember as a kid.  The older
building there that used to be for take away and sit down meals is being renovated and
soon to become a restaurant.  Will definitely have to visit that of a night!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...