Wednesday 16 December 2020

Focal 100 35mm film & Minolta X-700

 

This is another of those films that I shot earlier in the year (March/April) and then promptly forgot about when we went into lockdown!  I picked the roll up from the lab on the 1st Dec.

I have featured this film before; Focal 100 35mm film.  The Focal name is a K-Mart brand.  Their 35mm film is rebranded ANSCO (manufactured New York) and Ferrania (Italian) films.  The Focal stock that I have expired in 2005 but have been frozen for the majority of their life.

The lens I used is a Minolta MD 50mm f1.7.

Some of these were taken whilst we were on a few days away in the Coffs Harbour area in March before the lockdown really took hold.  We explored a little of the area and found some small rural towns that I would love to re-visit and explore even further now that a lot of local travel restrictions have been lifted.

The other photos, were taken in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area, whilst we were walking the dogs, before the stricter lockdown laws came into place.  

I was a little disappointed with this roll; usually the Focal 100 has turned out great.  From a roll of 24 I only had 9 successful (my assessment!) exposures.  Some exposures turned out a little grainier than previous rolls and it appeared my focus was out slightly slightly for some although, I am wondering if that could have been a scanning issue maybe.  I have another Focal roll loaded into an Emi K 35mm Rangefinder camera for some walk around shots so I'll see how they turn out; perhaps, even though the film has been frozen, it is approaching it's ultimate use by date.  We'll see.

I have a couple of days off now and will be dropping off a Fomapan Classic B&W film in for dev and scanning.  My last Fuji Acros 100 (original!) 120 roll is still sitting in a Bronica ETRSi awaiting for me to take it out.  There was a slight mishap with this film and it's possible I have lost a few exposures but time will tell.  

I hope you have all been well given the reality of this year.

All photos are © Copyright Life with Jordy Photography

All Rights Reserved


General Store - Nana Glen, NSW, Australia

Community Hall - Nana Glen, NSW, Australia

General Store - Glenreagh, NSW, Australia

Surfing - Crescent Head, NSW, Australia

Watching the Surfers - Crescent Head, NSW, Australia

The Stairs of Pain - Merewether, NSW, Australia

Watching the Surfers - Merewether, NSW, Australia

The Ocean Baths - Merewether, NSW, Australia

Lunchtime for Seagulls - Warners Bay on Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia







No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...