Wednesday 28 September 2011

The Old Post Office, Newcastle, NSW

A 3 exposure HDR photo. The Old Post Office was built on the site of the old Court House which was demolished in 1900; the Post Office was opened in 1903 and closed in 2001. The building was designed by the Government architect Walter Liberty Vernon. It has lain dormant basically since its closure in 2001 and suffered greatly from water ingress, pidgeons and, vandalism. It was purchased a couple of years ago by the NSW Government with a view to refurbishment and lease to interested parties. One of the ideas for its modern day use is for lounge bars, and a range of food and beverage uses, such as a wine cellar and tasting area or an area for provedores of Hunter district produce. Due to renovations, it is surrounded by security fencing. I managed to get this photo by sticking the end of the lens through a hole in the wire!

I have recently joined Google +. Although I am also on Facebook, I find Google + is much better for photography in that I can upload larger photos, and the resolution is so much better than FB. Check it out and follow my link here. If you are on Google+ add me to your circle and I will reciprocate. Mind you, I will never forsake Flickr!!

plus.google.com/113737645865275154301/about

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...