Thursday 28 June 2018

Streets of Surfers Paradise


How remiss of me!  I'd had a great afternoon of street photography in the Cavill Mall at Surfers Paradise when we visited there last, and hadn't posted it yet!

We had been staying in a really nice AirBNB down at Tugun and had gone to Surfers Paradise for a river cruise up the Nerang River for lunch.  A very nice lunch and couple of wines whilst cruising the river and catching the sights.  After the cruise we walked up Cavill Avenue toward the beach; there was an afternoon market on, and we always love to browse at a market.  Of course, I had my camera and this area is a great place for street photography!

The Mall, and the Main Beach area was fairly buzzing.  It was the week before the Commonwealth Games and so there were last minute preparations going on as well as many international visitors who had arrived early to catch the Games.

I shot with my Canon 600D and 50mm f1.8 lens.  There were lots of different people in the Mall and those coming off the beach.  The 'theme' for Cavill Mall is the beach; everyone walks up to and back from the beach via Cavill Mall.  It has changed physically over the years with the addition of high rise buildings etc but the mood is still the same; sand and surf, sunlovers, some carrying surfboards, walking around in just swimwear; it's a very casual and laid back atmosphere and the feel of it hasn't changed since I used to visit from my home town of Beaudesert (about a 40 minute drive away) over 40 years ago!

Photos copyright ©Life with Jordy Photography
All Rights Reserved




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...