Monday 29 April 2013

Photo Safari to Green Point Reserve


You may well ask..... where is Green Point Reserve?   Well.... I gotta tell ya that it is a lovely place on the shores of Lake Macquarie and just a little north of Belmont. 

Originally looking for another lakeside 'off-leash' area for our dog Barney to run rampant in, we found a well kept park and nature reserve that has walking & bicycle tracks, a wharf to fish off, a well maintained bbq area with toilets and, some lookouts up the hill that give a great command of Lake Macquarie looking south to Marks Point and north up to Bolton Point.  West across the lake is Coal Point and Carey Bay.   Unfortunately, we did not find an off leash area.   Instead we found 'no dogs what-so-ever-even-on-a-lead' signs everywhere!  Wellll....I guess it is a nature reserve!

What I did find was an awesome place for a Photo Safari.   Luckily I had had the presence of mind to take my camera bag!

The afternoon was very very hazy and zoomed shots over the lake were 'misty' with the colour slightly washed out thanks to the haze.   Those shots were good for conversion to B&W though!  For one of them I used a pre-set effect in Photoshop; something I don't do that often.   Happy to say I think it turned out very well!

The one thing that the haze did for the afternoon safari was that it made for wonderful colour as the Sun set lower in the sky.   It created a golden atmosphere above the hills as the Sun shone through and this in turn reflected wonderfully off the water. 

I also took a couple of good long exposure shots whilst there.   One of them was a 20 second exposure and as the camera shutter was open a sailboat motored past towing another sailboat.   Because of the longer exposure, the boats did not appear in the photo but there is a wake on the lakes' surface that gives it away!

In the summer when the Lake Macquarie Yacht Club starts up its' Twilight Sailing again, it will be an excellent vantage point for the fleet as they sail around that part of the lake!

I hope this finds you all well as is our case.

regards

Jordy

The photos in this blog entry are for sale. Please contact me if interested!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...