Sunday 24 November 2013

Green Point Reserve, Lake Macquarie, Australia



Green Point near Belmont on Lake Macquarie, is such a lovely place!  A great grassed picnic area, the reserve is on the shores of Lake Macquarie in New South Wales.  Walk along the reserve from Green Point along a concreted path and in a few hundred metres, come upon another large grassed open area with public BBQs and picnic tables.  Overlooking this grassed area is a series of 3 lookouts from which I have taken and posted photos from on a previous blog status.

Although I had been there before, I went again; this time taking my son Lachlan with me.  He is a budding photographer and had not been there before.

As you can see, it was a beautiful sunset, filled with those lovely golden tones and colours.  I have never seen sunsets like those over Lake Macquarie.  The lake reflects the fiery colour of the sky all over and gives a great effect for a photographer.

The main object of our Photo Safari on this particular day, was the large tree situated in Green Point Reserve.  It is a beautiful, huge tree and, every time I visit there is a family having a picnic or someone just lying underneath taking advantage of its' shade.  The Sun was in an awkward spot for my photos of the tree and when I saw how blown out the water reflection was, I decided to change them to Black & White because the silhouettes of the children looked much better in the B&W.

Once the Sun started to get lower in the sky, the water reflected the lovely golden tones from the sky.  There was a couple of blokes fishing in their tinny on the water and I managed to catch them in silhouette also against that glowing water.

I hope you enjoy these!

Regards to all

Jordy



These photos are for sale, contact me if you are interested.

All photos on this blog are © Life with Jordy Photography and may not be used without permission.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...