Friday 5 October 2018

Newcastle China Festival - 2018


The Newcastle China Street Festival is one of many programmed events during the Newcastle China Week.  The Street Festival is a celebration of Chinese Culture.  China Week consists of a Business Forum, Night Hawker Food Markets, the Street Festival and, stage and theatre productions to bring a greater understanding of the Chinese culture to the people of Newcastle.

A street festival is a great opportunity for a photographer to get out there amongst the people.  I find that people are more willing to have their photos taken at a street festival than they are about having them taken at other times when they are just going about their daily business.  

I took my Canon 600D with me. I had intended to shoot with my 50mm prime but, I decided to change to a Tamron 18-270mm f3.5 zoom as it gave me a lot more leeway with my shooting.   The Tamron has done an excellent job as you will see.  I shot in Aperture Priority mode which allowed me to have a quicker response to those unique moments that are gone in seconds.

For these photos, I edited in Lightroom using Nik Collection Plug-ins;  Colour Efex Pro and Silver Efex Pro.

Photos copyright © Life with Jordy Photography.
All Rights Reserved.





I always enjoy running into a fellow photographer and having
a conversation about what gear we are both using!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...