Wednesday 2 April 2008

Kids left at home 'n' we're on our own!! WOO HOO

Seriously, we did miss the kids. Going to QLD for 6 days was the longest we've ever left them and the furthest we have been from them.....EVER! It was a little odd at first but I think we gradually got used to the idea. Mobile phones are a good thing, the kids thought they could escape - HA!, were they wrong or what!!

Anyway we had a great time. 2 nights at Brisbane, 1 at Beaudesert and 2 more at Surfers Paradise. We flew up and hired a car. The girl at the hire car company upgraded us to an Astra Convertible, so, naturally enough, we cruised Brisbane and the Gold Coast with the roof down and acted like a cuppla school kids with the music loud! Check out the young fella with his machine! Kim learned to put her hair back when da roof was down; took her ages to comb out all of da knots!! Of course, I didnt have dat problem!
We had a great dinner at Matts' place on the Friday night and ate out every other night ('cept for the night at Beaudesert; thanks for the VB and leftover Kentucky Leo!) Had the best ever meal at the Hard Rock Cafe at Surfers; ya gotta try it - it was great. We went up Q1 tower and had a birds eye view of the surrounding country and the entire Gold Coast; check out some of the photos on the Flickr site.
The photos of us and our hire car were taken just down the road from our accommodation. It was such a great place to stay. We had a 1 bedroom unit down Peninsular Drive at Surfers. It was very modern and wonderfully clean. Hard to believe it cost us only $95 per night, and that it was only 5 bucks more than the poxy motel we stayed at in Beaudesert - go figure eh?

It was so wonderful to see the family. It's very comforting to visit the old home again. I've lived away from there more years now than I actually spent there, and although I have my own home now in Wagga Wagga with my family for the past 14 years, I still refer to 4 Delamore St as home.

Well, that's it for now. I'll be posting some photos onto my Flickr site soon so keep posted!


Luv 2 all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...